The Bright Repeater is a scan proxy which provides a secure connection between the Bright cloud engine and a target on a local network. The Repeater mode enables you to securely scan targets on a local network, without having to allowlist the Bright IP address in your firewall for incoming traffic. See Repeater (Scan Proxy) for more information.
To create (register) a new Repeater, follow these steps:
- Select the Repeaters option in the left pane to display the AVAILABLE REPEATERS list.
- In the upper left corner, click + Create Repeater.
- In the Create Repeater dialog box, do the following:
a) In the Name field, enter a name for the Repeater.
b) (Optional). In the Description field, enter a short description of the Repeater.
c) In the Projects section, select either to create the Repeater for all projects or only for specific ones. If you select the second option, the created Repeater will only be available when configuring scans for the predefined projects.
d) (Optional). In the Scripts section, add a script to be used with the created Repeater. The scripts should be created in advance on the Scripts page. To learn more, read Using Repeater Scripts.
e) Click Add.
To review the list of all existing repeaters, select the Repeaters option in the left pane. Each Repeater appears as a single row.
To edit Repeater details, follow these steps:
- Click the button next to a Repeater name and then select the Edit option.
- Modify the Repeater details as you need, and then click Update.
To deactivate the Repeater, click the button next to the Repeater name, and then select the Deactivate option.
To activate the Repeater, click the button next to the Repeater name, and then select the Activate option.
To delete the Repeater, follow these steps:
- Click to the left of the Repeater name.
- Select the Delete option, and then click Yes.
Updated 7 days ago