This Bright's release is significant: it highly improves scanning speed and quality, due to the new architecture of internal processes. To learn more about the updated user flow, see the documentation.
- Splitting a scanning into two parts: Discovery and Testing – it allows getting faster testing with more consistent results and more accurate results by validating all Entrypoints live before testing. Legacy scans are still available. To learn more about it, see the article.
- Adding In-app Entrypoint and Baseline Editor – now it's possible to quickly fix the Entrypoints with connectivity problems. To learn about how to use it, see the article.
- To fix the issue, when a scan is getting into disrupted state for no obvious reason, restart the scan and change the scan setting:
1. Open Optimizations tab → Scan performance & speed
2. Uncheck the option Stop scan if target doesn’t respond for ... min
3. Click Retest scan
While we’re working on optimization of the setting, use this note to prevent the issue.
- Windows narrator repeats the title of items from dropdown lists 3 times. - Bug on Google Material side (to be fixed in the next updates): In a number of dropdown lists, the Windows narrator repeats list items 3 times instead of voicing them only once.
- Error when creating recorded browser-based authentication with Chrome record made starting from an empty tab: When creating a record in Chrome starting from an empty tab and then creating recorded browser-based authentication using the created record, the user gets the following error: The actual URL (chrome-error://chromewebdata/) doesn't match up to the specified validation URL (chrome://YOUR_PAGE), please make sure the URL is correct or record again with the correct configuration.
- Recording created with Google Chrome recorder is not replayed with the Evaluation failed error. When replaying the recording, an error appears: Evaluation failed. TypeError: Failed to execute ‘observe’ on ‘IntersectionObserver’: parameter 1 is not type ‘Element’… For details, see Troubleshooting Authentication Issues.